ZSFG Department of Medicine Newsletters
Browse through our newsletters archived by academic year
Volume 3: Academic Year July 2019 - June 2020
Main Story: The shared mission of UCSF and San Francisco Department of Public Health, featuring interviews with ZSFG CEO Susan Ehrlich, MD; Vice Dean of UCSF School of Medicine at ZSFG Sue Carlisle, MD; and Chief of the Medical Staff at ZSFG Claire Horton, MD.
Spotlight: Vigil for George Floyd, Talmadge E. King Jr, MD receives the Elliot Rapaport Award; Cathering Crawford, MD, receives the Krevans Award; Lisa Winston, MD, elected ZSFG Chief of Staff
Volume 3, Issue 11, May 2020
Celebrating the Talents of our Team
Main Story: ZSFG Medicine Faculty Award recipients, including Sumant Ranji, MD; Megan O'Brien, MD; Elaine Khoong, MD; Jessica Beaman, MD, MPH; Jonathan Davis, MD; Sarah Leyde, MD; David Chia, MD; Binh An Phan, MD; Joseph Clement, MS, RN, CCNS; Hana Lim, MD; Glenn Egrie, MD.
Spotlight: ZSFG DOM faculty recipients of national and university awards including Antonio Gomez, MD; Alicia Fernandez, MD; Priscilla Hsue, MD; Nynikka Palmer, MD; Dean Schillinger, MD; Claire Horton, MD.
Volume 3, Issue 10, April 2020: Navigating Social Media with Grace
Main Story: Considering the positive and negative impact that healthcare providers and leaders can have in harnessing social media featuring interviews with Department of Medicine Associate Chair for Faculty Experience Beth Harleman, MD and Chair of UCSF Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, PhD, MD, MAS.
Spotlight: ZSFG DOM recipients of 2020 Chancellor Award for Exceptional University Management, Laurae Pearson and Clarice Estrada; Academic Senate Distinction in Mentoring Award recipient Monica Gandhi, MD, MPH.
Volume 3, Issue 9, March 2020: Dedicated and Prepared to Protect
Main Story: ZSFG's Infection Prevention and Control Program and Occupational and Employee Health Services work to protect from COVID-19, featuring interviews with Co-Medical Director of ZSFG Infection Prevention and Control Program Vivek Jain, MD; Infection Prevention and Control Program Manager Elaine Dekker, RN; ZSFG OEHS Medical Director Jessica Chuang, MD, MPH, and Chief of the Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Paul D. Blanc, MD.
Volume 2: Academic Year 2018 - 2019
- Volume 2, Issue 1: July 2018
- Volume 2, Issue 2: August /September 2018
- Volume 2, Issue 3: October 2018
- Volume 2, Issue 4: November 2018
- Volume 2, Issue 5: December 2018
- Volume 2, Issue 6: February 2019
- Volume 2, Issue 7, March 2019
- Volume 2, Issue 8, April 2019
- Volume 2, Issue 9, May 2019
- Volume 2, Issue 10, June 2019
Volume 1: Spring 2017 and Academic Year 2017 - 2018
- Volume 1, Issue 1: February 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 2: March 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 3: April 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 4: May 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 5: June 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 5: July 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 6: August 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 7: September 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 8: October 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 9: November 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 10: December 2017
- Volume 1, Issue 11: April 2018
- Volume 1, Issue 12: May/June 2018